February 8, 2016
Twitter is a free app that lets you connect with people, express yourself, and discover more about all the things you love.
• Get breaking news. Stay informed with the local and global news that matters to you most, as it happens.
• Go behind the scenes at exclusive events like the Oscars, the Emmys, the MTV VMA's and the World Cup.
• Express yourself with text, photos, emoji, emoticons, video, GIFs and Vines.
• Use hashtags (like #NFL) to find more Tweets about topics you love.
• Get closer to people who interest you, including celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Harry Styles and Rihanna.
• Share Tweets with apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Kik, LINE, email and SMS.
• Tweet links from sites like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Spotify and Pandora.
• Send a private message without limits: now you're no longer limited to 140 characters when writing a Direct Message.
• Now it's even easier to share a Tweet privately in a Direct Message. Simply press and hold the Tweet you want to share, then pick the people you want to send it to.
Click here to see why Twitter is requesting permission to access features on your device:
- Read your own contact card:
- Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
- Add or remove accounts:
- Allows the app to perform operations like adding and removing accounts, and deleting their password.
- Find accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- Read your contacts:
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
- Precise location (GPS and network-based):
- Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- Receive text messages (SMS):
- Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Read the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
- Take pictures and videos:
- Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Record audio:
- Allows the app to record audio with the microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.
- View Wi-Fi connections:
- Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Read phone status and identity:
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Control vibration:
- Allows the app to control the vibrator.
- Install shortcuts:
- Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
- Use accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to request authentication tokens.
- Draw over other apps:
- Allows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
- Read sync settings:
- Allows the app to read the sync settings for an account. For example, this can determine whether the People app is synced with an account.
- Create accounts and set passwords:
- Allows the app to use the account authenticator capabilities of the AccountManager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.
- Toggle sync on and off:
- Allows an app to modify the sync settings for an account. For example, this can be used to enable sync of the People app with an account.
- Read Google service configuration:
- Allows this app to read Google service configuration data.
- Prevent device from sleeping:
- Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- View network connections:
- Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- Full network access:
- Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Receive data from Internet:
- Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.
- 5.92.0 APK (Updated: January 19, 2016)
- 5.91.0 APK (Updated: January 11, 2016)
- 5.89.0 APK (Updated: December 21, 2015)
- 5.84.0 APK (Updated: October 26, 2015)
- 5.80.0 APK (Updated: October 12, 2015)
- 5.78.0 APK (Updated: September 28, 2015)
- 5.76.0 APK (Updated: September 14, 2015)
- 5.74.0 APK (Updated: September 8, 2015)
- 5.74.0 APK (Updated: August 31, 2015)
- 5.73.0 APK (Updated: August 24, 2015)
- 5.72.0 APK (Updated: August 17, 2015)