December 14, 2016
Just some of the things you can do with Pinterest:
• Find everyday ideas you love—what to make for dinner, what to put on your walls, what to wear and more ideas for every part of your life.
• Save ideas for later—organize ideas you save by topic, so they’re always easy to find.
• Collaborate with friends—save ideas together for your next group trip, party or project.
• Search for an idea even if you don’t know what it’s called—built-in search guides help point your search in the right direction.
• Save ideas you find around the web—just use the Pinterest’s Save button on your mobile browser.
- Find accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- Read your own contact card:
- Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
- Read your contacts:
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
- Precise location (GPS and network-based):
- Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- Read the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Take pictures and videos:
- Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- View network connections:
- Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- Full network access:
- Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Run at startup:
- Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
- Use accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to request authentication tokens.
- Prevent device from sleeping:
- Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- Read Google service configuration:
- Allows this app to read Google service configuration data.
- Receive data from Internet:
- Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.