Hike Messenger APK
February 4, 2016
★ HIKE DIRECT: Chat & share files WITHOUT INTERNET and ZERO data charges in classrooms, while travelling, pretty much anywhere within 100 meters of a friend! Just open a chat, go to the 3 Dot menu & tap Hike Direct to see the magic!
★ HIDDEN MODE: An awesome feature which allows you to hide all your private chats from the world and access them only with a password! Your private conversations are now protected & secure from anyone who takes your phone.
★ 5000+ FREE STICKERS: Why say you’re angry when you can show it? When words can’t express it, say it with stickers! Share thousands of awesome, hilarious & fun stickers with your friends! With the largest collection of Indian regional stickers in over 30 regional languages, say more with stickers in your language!
★ SHARE DOCUMENTS & FILES: Why email when you can send practically anything and everything on hike! Send unlimited amounts of all kinds of non media files and documents of any format like PDF, ZIP, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, APKs, MP3s and much more!
★ GROUP CHATS: Create groups with up to 500 member so you can easily stay in touch with those who matter most!
★ CHAT THEMES: What’s a romantic date without a candle-light dinner? Boring! Some things are best said in the right setting. So how’s this for ambience? With the exclusive 2-way chat themes, set the mood to pour your heart out.
★ FREE HIKE CALLS: Talk as long as you want with your friends & family using hike with HD sound quality. Calls are made over 2G, 3G, 4G & Wi-Fi in over 200 countries!
★ FREE GROUP CALLS: Conference call upto 100 people at once!
★ PRIVACY: Not everyone needs to know when you’re online. Avoid the sneaky stalkers and nosy acquaintances not just in life, but on hike too. Get complete control on your last seen and profile picture, so that you choose who knows how much. Switch to hike and take charge of your privacy!
★ HIKE OFFLINE: Unable to message friends because they’ve turned off their data? Don't worry! Hike does the hard-work to figure out if your friends are offline and then sends them your messages as an SMS, at no cost to you! When they reply, you get the message in hike!
★ FREE PERSONAL ASSISTANT: Find out the weather, a movie rating and much more on hike with Natasha.
★ NEWS ON HIKE: Best bite sized news personalised just for you at your fingertips! Swipe through all the latest news in a stunning beautiful reader!
★ CRICKET: Live cricket scores, highlights and more!
★ SEND UNCOMPRESSED IMAGES: Choose to send high quality images in original resolution.
★ PHOTO FILTERS: Adjust the mood of your picture, amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades! Transform your photos into incredible showpieces with over 20+ free filters!
★ DOODLES: Draw over a photo & share it with your friends!
★ BROADCAST LIST: Now send broadcasts to up to 500 contacts at the same time.
★ FORWARD TO MULTIPLE CONTACTS: Forward messages & media to multiple friends & contacts all at the same time!
★ FREE HIKE2SMS TO INDIA: We've also built in FREE hike to non-hike SMS. So if your friends aren't on hike you can still message them. And better yet, for free! Free SMS can only be sent to India.
★ BIGGER ATTACHMENTS: Now you can share large files and videos of 100 MB at a time!
★ SHARING IS EASY: You can share photos, videos, location, contacts, walkie-talkie messages and much more on hike! Create group chats or chat one-on-one!
★ FAST, SIMPLE, PERSONAL, FREE: hike is super fast. With sent, delivered, read and typing notifications, it feels like you're having a chat with someone in person. The app uses your 2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi (when available) to message with friends and family.
★ MOVE TO SD CARD: hike can be stored on the SD Card!
*** For any PIN Issues: Please contact [email protected] for any PIN related queries
We’d love to hear from you about hike! If you have any feedback, questions concerns, leave us a review on Google Play Store or email us at:
- Read your Web bookmarks and history:
- Allows the app to read the history of all URLs that the Browser has visited, and all of the Browser's bookmarks. Note: this permission may not be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.
- Retrieve running apps:
- Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
- Find accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- Modify your own contact card:
- Allows the app to change or add to personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
- Read your own contact card:
- Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
- Add or remove accounts:
- Allows the app to perform operations like adding and removing accounts, and deleting their password.
- Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge:
- Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.
- Read calendar events plus confidential information:
- Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.
- Read your contacts:
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
- Modify your contacts:
- Allows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.
- Precise location (GPS and network-based):
- Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- Approximate location (network-based):
- Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
- Edit your text messages (SMS or MMS):
- Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.
- Receive text messages (SMS):
- Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
- Send SMS messages:
- Allows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
- Read your text messages (SMS or MMS):
- Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.
- Write call log:
- Allows the app to modify your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your call log.
- Read call log:
- Allows the app to read your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.
- Directly call phone numbers:
- Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
- Reroute outgoing calls:
- Allows the app to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Read the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
- Take pictures and videos:
- Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Record audio:
- Allows the app to record audio with the microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.
- View Wi-Fi connections:
- Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Read phone status and identity:
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Body sensors (like heart rate monitors):
- Allows the app to access data from sensors you use to measure whatâs happening inside your body, such as heart rate.
- Control vibration:
- Allows the app to control the vibrator.
- Run at startup:
- Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
- Use accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to request authentication tokens.
- Draw over other apps:
- Allows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
- Write web bookmarks and history:
- Allows the app to modify the Browser's history or bookmarks stored on your device. This may allow the app to erase or modify Browser data. Note: this permission may note be enforced by third-party browsers or other applications with web browsing capabilities.
- Control Near Field Communication:
- Allows the app to communicate with Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, cards, and readers.
- Pair with Bluetooth devices:
- Allows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the device, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
- Send sticky broadcast:
- Allows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the device slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
- Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi:
- Allows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- Create accounts and set passwords:
- Allows the app to use the account authenticator capabilities of the AccountManager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.
- Change network connectivity:
- Allows the app to change the state of network connectivity.
- Prevent device from sleeping:
- Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- Set wallpaper:
- Allows the app to set the system wallpaper.
- Make/receive SIP calls:
- Allows the app to make and receive SIP calls.
- Modify system settings:
- Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.
- Allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception:
- Allows the app to receive packets sent to all devices on a Wi-Fi network using multicast addresses, not just your device. It uses more power than the non-multicast mode.
- Install shortcuts:
- Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
- Access Bluetooth settings:
- Allows the app to configure the local Bluetooth device, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
- Expand/collapse status bar:
- Allows the app to expand or collapse the status bar.
- Control flashlight:
- Allows the app to control the flashlight.
- Read battery statistics:
- Allows an application to read the current low-level battery use data. May allow the application to find out detailed information about which apps you use.
- Read sync settings:
- Allows the app to read the sync settings for an account. For example, this can determine whether the People app is synced with an account.
- Add words to user-defined dictionary:
- Allows the app to write new words into the user dictionary.
- 184.108.40.206 APK (Updated: October 30, 2015)
- 220.127.116.11 APK (Updated: October 13, 2015)
- 18.104.22.168 APK (Updated: October 4, 2015)
- 22.214.171.124 APK (Updated: September 26, 2015)
- 4.0.1 APK (Updated: September 9, 2015)
- 4.0.1 APK (Updated: September 8, 2015)
- 4.0.1 APK (Updated: September 7, 2015)
- 126.96.36.199 APK (Updated: August 25, 2015)
- 188.8.131.52 APK (Updated: August 16, 2015)
- 184.108.40.206 APK (Updated: August 14, 2015)
- 220.127.116.11 APK (Updated: August 1, 2015)
1) Bengali (বাংলা)
2) Gujarati (ગુજરાતી)
3) Hindi (हिंदी)
4) Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ)
5) Marathi (मराठी)
6) Malayalam (മലയാളം)
7) Tamil (தமிழ்)
8) Telugu (తెలుగు)
★ Unread count badge notification on the hike icon for Samsung devices
★ You can now make free audio hike calls through hike direct!
We've fixed many more things under the hood to make hike run smoother.