Amazon Shopping APK
January 26, 2016
* Customers are able to shop millions of products on any of Amazon's sites around the world from a single app
* Quickly search, get product details, and read reviews on millions of products from Amazon and other merchants
* Take advantage of 1-Click ordering, customer support, Wish Lists, create or find a baby or wedding registry, order tracking, and more
* Scan product barcodes and images to compare prices and check availability using Scan It
* Check out Gold Box Deals - including the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals, and get automatically notified when new deals become available
* Customers with an Android Wear smart watch can search with their voice, 1-Click buy products, and save products and ideas to their Wish List
* Send and share links to products via email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Sign-up for automatic shipment notifications to know when your order ships and arrives
* Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are securely processed
* Use your voice to search for products on Amazon or to track your orders and reorder items. Tap the microphone icon and say “track order” or “track my last order” to access open orders. Reorder products by saying “reorder paper towels” or “buy more batteries”.
The Amazon Shopping app lets you shop millions of products and manage your Amazon orders from anywhere. Browse, shop by department, compare prices, read reviews, share products with friends, and check the status of your orders. Compare prices and availability by typing in your search, scanning a barcode or an image with your camera, or using your voice. Never miss a deal with easy access to Lightning Deals and the Deal of the Day. You can also sign-up for shipment notifications to know when your order ships and arrives. Customers with Android 4.3 and above in the US with an Android Wear watch can use their voice to search, buy products, and save shopping ideas to their Wish List. Just say “Start Amazon Shopping” from your Wear watch. You have full access to your Shopping Cart, Wish Lists, payment and Prime shipping options, Subscribe & Save order history, and 1-Click settings, just like on the full Amazon.com site. All Amazon Shopping app purchases are routed through Amazon's secure servers to encrypt and safeguard your personal information.
Important Note Regarding Permissions
Please note that the Amazon Shopping app requires access to the following services to operate properly:
* Contacts: This permission is used to so that you can access your phone contacts from the Amazon app for the purposes of sending Amazon gift cards and inviting friends to use the Amazon app.
* SMS: This permission is used to simplify the process of phone number verification when creating an Amazon account registered to your mobile phone number.
* Camera: This permission is for Scan It, a new way to search for items quickly by scanning them with your camera.
* Flashlight: This permission is used to turn on the flash when using Scan It in low light conditions.
* Microphone: This permissions is used to support Voice Search and Voice Shopping Assistant features.
* Location: Location permissions are used to assist customers in searching for Amazon Lockers near their current location.
* Account: This permission is used for integration with Facebook and other social networks you have connected to your device to allow you to share products with friends and family.
* Phone: This permission is used to pre-populate and dial the Amazon Customer Service number.
* Storage: This permission is required to support notifications in China.
* Wifi: This permissions is used when setting up either a Dash Button or Dash Wand using the Amazon Shopping app.
OS Requirements: Requires Android OS 3.0 or higher and a rear-facing camera. The Amazon App for Tablets is available on Google Play. Search for "Amazon Tablet" to install the app and begin shopping.
- Add or remove accounts:
- Allows the app to perform operations like adding and removing accounts, and deleting their password.
- Find accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
- Read your contacts:
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
- Precise location (GPS and network-based):
- Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
- Approximate location (network-based):
- Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
- Receive text messages (SMS):
- Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. This means the app could monitor or delete messages sent to your device without showing them to you.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
- Read the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
- Take pictures and videos:
- Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
- Record audio:
- Allows the app to record audio with the microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.
- View Wi-Fi connections:
- Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Read phone status and identity:
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
- Install shortcuts:
- Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
- Control vibration:
- Allows the app to control the vibrator.
- Use accounts on the device:
- Allows the app to request authentication tokens.
- Control flashlight:
- Allows the app to control the flashlight.
- Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi:
- Allows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- Create accounts and set passwords:
- Allows the app to use the account authenticator capabilities of the AccountManager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.
- Prevent device from sleeping:
- Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
- View network connections:
- Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- Full network access:
- Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
- Receive data from Internet:
- Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service. Using this service will incur data usage. Malicious apps could cause excess data usage.
- Read Home settings and shortcuts:
- Allows the app to read the settings and shortcuts in Home.